POLICY REGARDING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
This policy, regarding the processing of personal data, is provided in accordance with article 13 of Italian Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 – Personal Data Protection Code and subsequent amendments – and is intended for visitors/users who interact with the web services of UNIFARCO BIOMEDICAL which can be accessed by electronic means from the address www.unifarcobiomedical.com.
This policy is provided for the UNIFARCO BIOMEDICAL website (the “Website”) only and not for other sites which may be consulted by the user through links on the web page, unless they belong to UNIFARCO S.p.A. and/or other companies controlled by UNIFARCO S.p.A.
This policy also complies with the “Guidelines on processing personal data for dissemination and publication on exclusively health-related websites” – 25 January 2012 (Published in the Official Gazette No. 42 of 20 February 2012).
The data controller is UNIFARCO S.p.A.
Any requests regarding personal data processed by UNIFARCO BIOMEDICAL should be sent to the data controller at company headquarters in Via Cal Longa 62, Santa Giustina (BL), Italy, or to the email address email@example.com
PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING
Data of a personal and sensitive nature, which are provided voluntarily, will be processed for the following purposes, unless you should object:
– navigation on this website, when provision of data is strictly necessary;
– contact requests, sending information requested by the visitor/user in the relevant sections of the website dedicated to this purpose.
TYPES OF DATA PROCESSED
– Navigation data
The computer systems and software procedures for operating this website acquire personal data as part of their routine operation and transmission of such data is an inherent feature of Internet communication protocols.
This information is not gathered to be linked to identified individuals but, by its very nature, it might allow user identification after being processed and matched with data held by third parties.
This category of data includes the IP addresses or domain names of the computers of users visiting this website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used for submitting the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, error, etc.), and other parameters related to the user’s operating system and IT environment.
These data are only used to obtain anonymous statistics concerning use of the website and to ensure that it is running properly. They are deleted immediately after being processed. Data may be used to establish liability in the case of hypothetical computer-related offences against the website: where this is not the case, any data on web contacts is not, at this moment in time, held for more than seven days.
– Data provided voluntarily by users
The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of personal email addresses by visitors/users to the addresses given on this Website entails the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, which is needed to reply to any enquires, as well as any other personal information that may be contained in the message.
Specific summaries of the information policies will be shown or displayed on the pages of the Website related to the requested services.
Given the particular sensitive nature of the personal data processed by website that deal exclusively with health-related issues, together with the “Guidelines on processing personal data for dissemination and publication on exclusively health-related websites” (Italian Data Protection Authority 25 January 2012 – Published in the Official Gazette No. 42 of 20 February 2012), we are hereby providing a specific “risk notice” indicating the measures required to protect the confidentiality of said data.
This notice is intended to draw the user’s attention to the risk of their being identified with their specific pathology if they enter sensitive data along with their personally identifying information. The following is provided for your information:
- Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may omit your first and last names when filling out the registration form and use a nickname which will not disclose your identity;
- Contact information (such as email addresses) provided by users may be published on the Website alongside their comments;
- You should be especially careful when providing personal information or information about third parties – including email addresses – that may disclose your identity even indirectly; this may be the case, for example, of users who, when describing their experience or health, include references to places, individuals, circumstances and situations;
- You should consider the advisability of posting photos or videos that allow individuals or places to be identified;
- You should be especially careful when including data (posted in different health-related areas) which may reveal, even indirectly, the identity of third parties, such as, for example, other individuals affected by the same disease, who have gone through the same experience or the same treatment as the author of the post;
- Data are collected only after users have confirmed they have read the Risk Notice by ticking the relevant box.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Users are entitled to exercise their rights as described in article 7 of Italian Legislative Decree No. 196 of 30 June 2003 and subsequent amendments which are reproduced in full below for your convenience.
Art. 7 – Right to access personal data and other rights
- The data subject is entitled to request confirmation as to the existence or otherwise of personal data concerning them, even if they have not been registered, and to be notified of their contents in an intelligible form.
- The data subject is entitled to obtain details of: a) the origin of the personal data; b) the purposes and methods of the processing; c) the logic applied when processing the data with electronic instruments; d) the identity of the data controller, the data processors and the representative appointed pursuant to article 5, paragraph 2; e) the people or categories of people to whom the data may be disclosed or who may have knowledge thereof in their capacity as the appointed representative within the territory of the State concerned, as data processors or their representatives.
- The data subject is also entitled to have:
a) such data updated, rectified or, when so interested, completed; b) such data erased, transformed into an anonymous form or blocked if held in violation of law, including data which need not necessarily be kept for the purposes for which they were collected or subsequently processed; c) request a statement to the effect that the procedures specified under letters a) and b) have been made known, also with regard to the content thereof, to those to whom the information has been communicated or disclosed, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a disproportionate use of resources compared to the right that is to be protected.
- The data subject is entitled to object, in whole or in part: a) to the processing of his/her personal data on legitimate grounds, even though they are relevant to the purpose for which they have been collected; b) to the processing of his/her personal data for the purpose of sending advertising or direct sales material or for carrying out market research or for business communications.
PROVISION OF DATA
Except for the information regarding navigation data, visitors/users do not have to register or provide any form of identification to access and consult the UNIFARCO BIOMEDICAL website. Some sections of the website, on the other hand, may require the visitor/user to register or provide their name and email address. The visitor/user is free to decide whether to provide this information. However, failure to provide the personal data requested may make it impossible for the visitor/user to take advantages of the services offered in those sections of the website and for UNIFARCO BIOMEDICAL to answer the requests it receives.
METHODS OF PROCESSING
Data will be processed by automated and/or manual means, with procedures and instruments aimed at guaranteeing maximum security and confidentiality, by individuals who have been specially appointed to do so in accordance with the provisions of articles 31 and following of Italian Legislative Decree No. 196/03. Data are not stored for more than seven days.
|__atuvc||AddThis||This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable users to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms.
It stores an up-dated page share count.
|2 years from the date on which the page was visited|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Wordpress||This cookie is used by WordPress to check if cookies are accepted by your browser.||Session|
|_ga||Google Analytics||This cookie is used to distinguish between unique users by assigning a randomly generated number that serves to identify the client. It is embedded in each of the website’s page requests and is used to measure the number of visitors, sessions and data for website analytic reports. By default, it is set to expire after 2 years, although this option can be customised by the website owner.||2 years from the date on which the page was visited|
|GAPS||Google Maps||These cookies are used by Google Maps to store user preferences and information when they wish to locate branches or sales outlets on the maps generated automatically by Google and integrated in the website. They are used only on pages displaying Google maps. To learn more about cookie handling, please visit the Google website.|
|NID||Google Maps||These cookies are used by Google Maps to store user preferences when displaying maps (PREF) and to keep track of visitor behaviour (other cookies).|
THIRD PARTY COOKIES